Friday, January 16, 2009

A long winter's nap

Hi JohnJohn fans! I have not blogged in a few days because I've been taking a long winter's nap. See, it's been wicked, wicked cold up here. The temperatures have reached the single digits at night (I can count them on my paws!) and the wind chill has pushed them into the negative numbers (I do not know how to count negative numbers on my paws...I do not want to lose a paw!). The cold makes me sleepy, and also pushed Archy and me into bizzaro land. Here I am, taking my nap where Archy usually sleeps, on top of the couch cushion. Aren't I cute?
I asked Archy to blog for me during my nap but, apparently, he napped too. Oddly enough, he napped where I usually do - right next to Moms.
Christmas is over until next December. I was a big helperbee when Moms un-decorated the tree. She finds it odd that I am not interested in the tree, ornaments or lights. (I learned my lesson about chewing on plugged in Christmas lights when I was a tot...did you know your tongue is wet and will cause you to get elect-ro-cuuuuuted if you lick the exposed wire that you made by chewing on the green cord?) However, I am extremely interested in the boxes that everything goes in. I was very concerned that this box, which holds the Christmas lights, would be taken hostage by some evil force, so I sat in it until Moms needed it. Actually, I just wanted the box but Moms tipped it so I fell out and then re-filled it with Christmas lights (instead of cat).

Hope you and yours are nice and toasty warm by a pellet stove or the Pacific Ocean or the Ala Wai Canal.

Your pal, Jonathan Dangerous
PS - There have been rumors from the folks at Yale that, yesterday, Moms' belly visibly moved during a meeting and while just standing around talking to people. I do not believe it. I know about the tot but, really, it can't move. If I had ten months to just be somewhere toasty, I'd just nap. Why would the tot move? This can't be a true rumor....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boxes must be your idea of a hibernation cave. At least, empty ones.