Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ice Storm

Dear J-Darn fans,
Hi! It's me! JohnJohnIcyPants! Why do I have icy pants? It's because we're having an ice storm. There's ice everywhere. It's like clear frosting on every surface outside.
See the white parts of the driveway? That's where Dads put magical salt on the street. The black part? That's "black ice." It's actually not black...it's just super wicked clear like expensive restaurant ice cubes. It's so super clear that it looks like the street! Our lilac bush got schnockered with ice. See this branch? It must be wicked chilly!
Remember this pretty, pretty tree from Dads' wintertime pictures? Here's my picture window tree in the snow storm of December.
Well. It bit the dust this morning. I guess the ice was just too much for it. Dads went upstairs to put on clothes (he doesn't have fur, you know) and he started hollering to Moms, "LOOK OUT THE WINDOW! LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!" Moms got wicked excited and she tiptoed over there, thinking it was our magical deer munching on the deer kibbles that we left outside for him. Instead, she found something that couldn't be scared away - a dead tree.And it's dead. Really dead. It's down, goners, tipped over. I asked if we should just push it back up and maybe use some super glue to hold it but, for some reason, Moms and Dads don't agree.
The fallen tree now makes Dads very excited. The words "monster chainsaw" have been chucked around more than once this morning. Moms keeps hollering that, unless Hawaiian Bampy wants to come to Connecticut with his monster chainsaw, no one in this household will be cutting anything and we will spend money to have the tree people come take it away. (I hope that Moms doesn't ask to borrow from my treat allowance fund. I need it.)
Did I mention that the tree is really dead?
DEAD.

That, my dear readers, is all the news that's fit to blog. Except that Mordecai the Theatrical Wonder Cat got me a wicked nice shirt box for Christmas. It's a little small but I still like to wedge myself into it. That, and I like to take a running start, jump in the box, and slide across the wooden floor.

Your blogging pal, Jonathan Dangerous - OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when lilacs in the barnyard last bloomed....now where was I....oh yeah, I didn't realize you had people neighbors until I saw the houses in the background.