Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year, J-Darn fans! It's me, cutie pants John John! I hope Santa Paws was good to all of you for Christmas. Apparently, I was a good boy. I took a long winter's nap (ok, it was about 20 minutes longer than normal)... ...and when I woke up, my stocking was filled with TREATS! THREE KINDS! Archy got treats too and we got a Trader Joe's "Double Wide" scratchy board for us to share. We must have been really good in order to get all those presents!!!
This year, there is one more stocking than last year. Moms got one for the tot. It's a wee stocking, since the tot is wee. Even though the tot is wee, Moms is getting bigger.
See that bump on her belly? I think something's in there. I like to sit on it. I want to hatch the bump. I am obsessed with sleeping or sitting on Moms' bump. She keeps saying Ouchie and Get Off! but I go right back on the belly. I am the belly's body guard. I will protect the belly, though I keep falling asleep while doing it....

Anywho, we've had a few pretty snow storms. Dads took pictures for you Hawai'i people who don't know what snow looks like. This is our back yard. Isn't it pretty? I can stare at it through our picture window.
Unfortunately, when it snows, it covers Corny's corn cob and he doesn't come out for kibbles until the snow goes away. I wonder what he does in the meantime. Archy says that Corny made his own grocery store in his tree hole, but I don't think that's so. I mean, honestly, how would he fit a grocery cart in there?

Look at the snow piled up on this mini branch? How did the branch hold up under the weight of the snow? IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!
Before we bought this house, someone put a horsey sign in a tree. The tree ate the sign. Kind of neat, huh? I wish it was a kitty sign, though, but Dads said that we can't get the sign out of the tree. Ever.

This is our house from the front yard. Doesn't it look like a pretty picture postcard?

In other news, Archy and me had our eleventh birthday on December 14. Moms gave us nice wet food and treats. However, she made a bigger fuss for Shadow, the dog in the office where Moms works. See, Shadow is Jewish and he turned thirteen. That means he had his Bark-Mitzvah. Moms made him a cake, and Auntie Deborah in the Costume Shop made him a yarmulke and a tallit. Moms even took Shadow's birthday portrait.
Look at the cake Moms made for Shadow! I only got wet food and treats!!!
People came to the party. Here's the whole Costume Shop plus the Development Office and the dog, plus Auntie Anne from Marketing. Moms took the picture so she's not in it. The Costume Shop people got dressed up and wore hats.

Moms said that, this year, maybe I can have a cake too. But cats don't eat cake and, apparently, dogs will eat anything so she said we might just go for Fancy Feast Elegant Medley wet food again which, well, would be fine by me.
To bring in 2009, I leave you with this beautiful picture of Corny. I love Corny, and Corny loves corn. Thanks for being my loyal readers, J-Darn fans, and I hope you have a lovely, cozy 2009!
JD - out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no, never been in snow ever. Happy New Year to all.